Our Hotel Euroopa, in Tallinn, was four star in every respect. But when the local power tranformer burned up the hotel grew dark and quiet.
One evening the lights went out with a clunk. When we began to smell smoke I decided to investigate and discovered a smoking transformer and firemen on the other side of the hotel. By morning a large generator was supplying power and crews were busy replacing the equipment. By sundown, after a great deal of hard work, things were back to normal at the Hotel Euroopa.